<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 23, 2004

I've been thinking about starting a separate music blog for awhile now. I've added some new links over to the side there under MUSIC check out the flux blog and music for robots. I've gotta credit those guys with turning me on to some great music. There's a band called Go Team out there that makes me feel like I'm 17 again and that's alot from a really cynical jaded music critic. Seriously I like alot of stuff and love very little now adays. I keep waiting for something to grab me that way music did when I was in high school and college. I don't think it's that there isn't good music out there, but that it's harder to investment both the emotional and actual time into a band as we get older. Anyway there's a band called Go Team on a small label called Memphis Industries and it makes me giggle like a little school girl. There's indie rock, Jackson 5, Go-Go (yes go-go my DC brethren), 60's harmonies, silly piano and an palpable love of music coming out of these guys. Check out the Memphis Industries site. Why are the british so much better than us at having fun when it comes to music? I don't completely believe that statement but it sounded good saying it.
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?